Weighted blankets are a comfort to individuals with autism, sensory processing disorder, anxiety, Tourette’s syndrome, ADHD and can enhance sleep and calm anxiety and stress. Weighted blankets and lap pads are made from synthetic, machine washable pellets that provides the body with a deep pressure experience.
Weighted Lap Pads are an excellent tool for classroom environments. They are an excellent tool to help children stay seated and focused during seated activities.
While ISAAC Foundation has been able to provide FREE weighted blankets and lap pads in the past, due to overwhelming demand and extremely tight budget constraints, we will be moving to a LOW COST weighted blankets and lap pads program beginning November 1, 2016.
COSTS:Weighted Blanket: $20Weighted Lap Pad: $10
<FREE when returning a weighted blanket and/or weighted lap pad
CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
* Individual does not need to be under the age of 18
* Individual does not need to have an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis.
* Individual MUST live in Spokane, Stevens, Whitman, Lincoln and Kootenai Counties to receive weighted blanket item.
* ISAAC Foundation does not ship items. Item must be picked up at ISAAC Foundation headquarters in Downtown Spokane.
* Only 20 weighted blanket/lap pad items are available each month for purchase.
Applicant must complete Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad Application. See below.
ISAAC Foundation will review application to determine if it meets the conditions of its weighted blanket/lap pad program.
If the weighted blanket/lap pad request meets the foundation's program criteria, an email containing an invoice will be forwarded to the applicant with payment options.
Once payment is received from the applicant, the weighted blanket/lap pad will be made by a foundation volunteer based on the child's weighted provided on the application.
Applicant will be notified via email with pickup instructions for weighted blanket/lap pad at our downtown office. ISAAC Foundation does not ship or deliver weighted blankets or lap pads.
1. Create an account or login to your existing ISAAC account.
** Each recipient of the weighted blanket and/or lap pad must be added as a "Participant"
2. Complete ALL fields of the Weighted Blanket or Lap Pad Application
** One application per recipient
Click Add to Cart
3. Immediately after submitting each application, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY BEFORE YOUR APPLICATION IS REVIEWED BY THE ISAAC FOUNDATION.
4. If application is approved, you will receive an email with a link back to your cart within the ISAAC Foundation's website [now with the blanket and/or lap pad charge]. You will now be able to pay.
6. Each blanket is made to order and we do not start making the blanket and/or lap pad until payment is made.
7. Once your order is ready for pick-up, you will receive an email with location and other information.
Do you or someone you know enjoy sewing but need a great project? We are always looking for help. The ISAAC Foundation provides over 150 blankets per year to individuals in our region that are in need of the therapeutic benefits of a weighted blanket or lap pad. If you are interested in making blanket shells or lap pads, please contact our office at
(509) 325-1515 or Hello@TheISAACFoundation.org
Click here for weighted blanket sewing instructions
Kalae Chock, KHQ Local News Reporter, interviewed our awesome volunteer Kathy, who sews our weighted blankets and lap pads. Check out the video HERE